Having individual communication with students from different social and cultural backgrounds as well as handling different forms of interactions, such as e-mail or face-to-face conversations, can be quite challenging for professionals at TU Dresden.
The workshop gives the participants an introduction to counselling and support and is designed to help acquire basic techniques in interpersonal communication. The workshop opens up the opportunity to share and reflect on own experiences and discuss supportive strategies with the group.
The workshop intends to let participants
- find out helpful ways of counselling students;
- reflect and enhance their strategies for supportive communication with students;
- reflect challenges of difficult interactive situations.
This workshop will focus on:
- Issues and Topics of counselling
- Possibilities and limits in counselling
- How to give good counselling – basic skills
This workshop is held in English, but the trainer is bilingual English/German. Nevertheless, in order to get the most out of this workshop, a minimum English level of intermediate is recommended.
Methods: Exercises, Discussions, Short presentations
The scope of the workshop is 8 teaching units (1 teaching unit = 45 min).
We would like to make our offers as inclusive and accessible as possible. Please contact us about your wishes and needs.